Reliable Pest Control In Yorktown, Virginia
Just 13 miles from Williamsburg, Yorktown, VA, is full of American Revolutionary War history. Our charming waterfront town gives us access to the beauty of the Chesapeake Bay, as well as the James and York Rivers. However, not everything about living in Yorktown is beautiful. Pest activity is a year-round problem for local homeowners, and it puts your loved ones in danger. For the best protection against household infestations, your best bet is to rely on the pros.
Cobalt Pest Control is a family-owned and operated pest control company that services homes throughout York County and the surrounding areas. Our modern, diagnostic approach to pest management provides homeowners with comprehensive coverage from all kinds of common area pests, like ants, spiders, stinging insects, bed bugs, termites, and mosquitoes. We prioritize efficiency, simplicity, and customer satisfaction, bringing you the most stress-free pest solutions possible. Give us a call today to get your free estimate and inspection.
Home Pest Control In Yorktown, VA
Here at Cobalt Pest Control, we've serviced dozens of local homes with family and pet-friendly pest solutions. After a detailed inspection, we create unique treatments designed specifically for your home.
Our residential pest control process includes the following:
- Eaves, crawlspaces, attics
- Checking for webs and nests
- Areas where utilities enter the one
- Conducive conditions in and around the home
- Exterior inspection (mulch piles, wood contact, areas of harborage, etc.)
- Granular lawn treatments
- Spraying utility lines and entryways
- Spot treatments
- Baiting and glue boards
- Exterior backpack spraying
- Bait stations for termites
After we complete the initial treatment, we'll return quarterly to keep your home protected from infestations throughout the year. We also provide emergency and same-day services because it's our duty to bring you the ongoing and reliable protection you deserve. Reach out today to discuss your residential pest control needs.
Why Call The Yorktown Pros For Mosquito Treatment Before Outdoor Events?
Mosquitoes are not a welcome presence at any event, but when you're hosting or attending an outdoor event, they're a reality that many of us must face. Mosquitoes are drawn to vegetation and water throughout your yard. You'll find them near shrubs and bushes, and they also like tall grass and garden plants.
Not only are they a nuisance, but mosquitoes are a huge health threat. These dangerous vector pests can transmit disease through their bites, leading to conditions like West Nile, malaria, and Zika. Mosquitoes are more dangerous than you think, putting you at risk for much worse than an itchy bite.
The best way to deal with mosquito activity around your yard is to rely on a team of qualified pest professionals. Cobalt Pest Control provides complete mosquito control and prevention services. We treat the perimeter of the property to keep mosquitoes from ruining your outdoor event, providing you with the environment to have the safest and most enjoyable experience possible. Call today to learn more.
How To Prevent Spider Infestations In Yorktown Homes
Spiders are a common Virginia pest species, and an infestation is something that many homeowners deal with. If you want to do everything you can to prevent spiders from entering your home, there are some proactive preventative measures to keep in mind:
- Eliminate food sources and keep food well sealed.
- Inspect things as you bring them in and out of your home.
- Keep gutters clean and free of leaves and debris.
- Keep a well-maintained yard with proper drainage channels.
- Eliminate sources of standing water.
- Remove clutter in cabinets, drawers, and places pests can reproduce and hide.
- Repair cracks and use screens on windows and doors.
- Seal gaps in foundation and siding to prevent entry.
- Store and dispose of trash properly and use a trash can with a lid that seals tightly.
These tips are a great place to start, but the best way to treat and prevent spider infestations is to call in professionals. Here at Cobalt Pest Control, we provide quality spider control and prevention services all year long. Contact us today to schedule your complimentary home inspection.
Six Handy Ant Control Tips For Yorktown Property Owners
Ants are tiny intruders that spread quickly, meaning they're capable of causing widespread contamination in short periods. The best way to approach ant control is to be proactive in your efforts to deter them from entering your home.
Here are six handy ant control tips for Yorktown homeowners:
- Block off entry points and seal cracks and crevices.
- Get rid of standing water and sources of excess moisture.
- Keep food (including pet food) stored away in tightly sealed containers.
- Practice proper sanitation and maintain a high level of cleanliness.
- Regularly take out the garbage and keep it outside in a lidded bin.
- Trim branches, trees, and bushes, and direct them away from the structure.
The most reliable way to protect your property from ant activity is to seek professional help. Cobalt Pest Control has a lot of experience dealing with local pest species like carpenter ants, little black ants, and fire ants. We'll exterminate them completely and implement preventative measures to keep them out in the future. Give us a call today to get started.