Are You Struggling With Wasps In Richmond?
April 15, 2022 - Wasps
Wasps in Richmond can be a significant problem, thanks to this pest’s aggressiveness and painful stings. Pest control in Richmond is one of the best investments you can make to battle all types of wasps that may be invading your property and posing dangers.
What Do Wasps Look Like?
There are several different kinds of wasps in Richmond that you may encounter. It is essential to know the general differences between these types of wasps, as proper wasp control considers the species of wasp invading your property. Below, we list Richmond’s different kinds of wasps and their primary identifying characteristics:
- Yellow Jackets: Distinctive segmented body, yellow and black patterned body
- Mud Daubers: Very thin waist, black in color with occasional pale markings or blue metallic luster
- Paper Wasps: Jet black or brown in color with yellow bands on their body
- Cicada Killers: Black body with thin, paler yellow stripes on their body
- Bald-Faced Hornets: Black body and face with white markings on the face
How Dangerous Are Wasps?
All types of wasps can be pretty dangerous as this stinging insect is known for its aggressive nature and tendency to sting whenever they feel even a little bit threatened. What’s more, wasps can deliver multiple painful stings; this can cause allergic reactions and trigger anaphylaxis even in those without pre-existing insect allergy issues.
Natural Wasp Prevention Tips
Wasp prevention is an essential part of overall wasp control in Richmond. The tactics below can help you ensure that this pest doesn’t set up on your property. However, it would help if you kept in mind that wasp prevention can’t help you combat an ongoing infestation – only a professional wasp removal service in Richmond can assist with that.
- Refrain from leaving out food and drinks on decks and patios, especially sugary items, as these will attract wasps to your property. Also, clean up any food and drink spills that happen outdoors.
- Cover up compost piles and ensure all outdoor trash cans have lids. Make sure trash bags are tightly sealed to stop the aroma from attracting wasps.
- Clear your yard of debris like fallen branches rotting fruit, and fill in holes. This makes the area less hospitable for wasps.
- Seal up potential wasp entry spots around your home, such as the gaps and cracks in windows, doors, and the foundation. Make sure there is no easy entry into the walls of your home, as wasps like to make nests in these areas.
- Utilize plants that ward away wasps such as mint, citronella, basil, clove, and rosemary. These are most effective when planted around decks and patios as the scent will stop wasps from coming near these areas.
- Address moisture issues around your property, as excess water pools, may attract wasps.
The Safest Form Of Wasp Control
If you want to know how to get rid of wasps, the best investment you can make is reaching out to a professional wasp removal service in Richmond. Our experts at Cobalt Pest Control will be able to ensure that any wasp nest and active infestation on your property are removed safely. This makes for a much better choice than attempting wasp nest removal yourself, which can result in stings and major medical problems if you don’t have the right gear or expertise.
For effective and safe wasp control in Richmond, reach out to the professionals at Cobalt Pest Control today for more advice or assistance.